Pain is a real motivator, and we know it can cause you distress. Please call our office at (208) 375-8720, and we will get you in to see one of our dentists as soon as possible.
Common Dental Emergencies
Here are a few common dental emergencies and the American Dental Associations recommendations for each:
- For a knocked-out permanent or adult tooth, keep it moist at all times. If you can, try placing the tooth back in the socket without touching the root. If that’s not possible, place it in between your cheek and gums or in milk. Then, get to your dentist’s office right away.
- For a cracked tooth, immediately rinse the mouth with warm water to clean the area. Put cold compresses on the face to keep any swelling down.
- If you bite your tongue or lip, clean the area gently with water and apply a cold compress.
- For toothaches, rinse the mouth with warm water to clean it out. Gently use dental floss to remove any food caught between the teeth. Do not put aspirin on the aching tooth or gum tissues.
- For objects stuck in the mouth, try to gently remove with floss but do not try to remove it with sharp or pointed instruments.
Do Not Delay Your Dental Needs
When you have a dental emergency, it’s important to visit your dentist or an emergency room as soon as possible. Please do not delay addressing your dental need. Our concern is that dental problems can get worse over time. You and your dental health are of the utmost importance to us.
Questions and Concerns
We would like the opportunity to answer any questions and address any concerns that you may have. Nothing will be done without your permission. Together we can decide on a plan of action that is comfortable and affordable for you. After all, we pride ourselves in making dentistry a pleasant experience. We are happy to extend the same courtesy to any of your family and friends as well.
Once your dental emergency has been taken care of, do consider your options for improved dental health. We can help you avoid another experience like the last, by beginning with a well- thought-out treatment plan and sticking to it.
Get Help — With Comfort
Dentistry is different today. We've had great success reversing dental deterioration and restoring problem mouths to health--comfortably. Please give us a call.